- The transition from childhood to adulthood is one of life’s biggest challenges!
- Parents may consult because their teen is struggling to make the transition from childhood to adulthood and daily life at home or in school has become challenging
- I always carry out an initial evaluation which allows us to get to know one another and allows me to get to understand the concern from the perspective of both the parent and the teen
- If the request for a consultation involves learning difficulties or attention deficit I carry out standardized cognitive testing
- Ongoing therapy sessions are established collaboratively with the parents, following the initial evaluation
- Therapy can take the shape of one-on-one sessions with the child, parent-child sessions and/or family sessions